When it comes to adventure touring motorcycles, the Suzuki V-Strom 650 stands out from the crowd. With its proven reliability, easy-to-ride nature, and comfortable riding position, the V-Strom 650 has been a popular choice for riders looking to tackle long-distance rides, weekend getaways, and even daily commutes. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at what makes the Suzuki V-Strom 650 such a great adventure bike and why it should be on your shortlist if you’re in the market for a new ride.
A Brief History of the Suzuki V-Strom 650
The Suzuki V-Strom 650 made its debut in 2004 as a mid-size adventure touring motorcycle. Since then, it has undergone several updates and revisions, but its core design and capabilities have remained largely unchanged. The V-Strom 650 is known for its reliability, versatility, and affordability, making it a great choice for riders who want a bike that can do it all without breaking the bank.
Design and Features of the Suzuki V-Strom 650
The Suzuki V-Strom 650 has a distinctive design that sets it apart from other adventure touring bikes on the market. It features a large, beak-like front fairing, a tall windscreen, and a comfortable, upright riding position that puts the rider in control. The bike is powered by a liquid-cooled, 645cc V-twin engine that delivers smooth, responsive power throughout the rev range.
One of the standout features of the V-Strom 650 is its adjustable suspension system. The bike has a fully adjustable front fork and rear shock, allowing riders to fine-tune the suspension to their liking. This makes the V-Strom 650 a great choice for riders of all sizes and skill levels, as it can be customized to suit a wide range of riding styles and preferences.
Other notable features of the V-Strom 650 include:
- ABS brakes
- Traction control
- LED headlights
- Adjustable seat height
- Center stand
- Hand guards
- Luggage racks
- About V-Strom 650 XT
- Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT is a adventure bike available at a starting price of Rs. 8,92,801 in India. It is available in only 1 variant and 2 colours. The Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT is powered by 645cc BS6 engine which develops a power of 69.7 bhp and a torque of 62 Nm. With both front and rear disc brakes, Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT comes up with anti-locking braking system. This V-Strom 650 XT bike weighs 216 kg and has a fuel tank capacity of 20 liters.
- Suzuki Motorcycle India’s middleweight adventure tourer, the V-Strom 650 XT has received mechanical upgrades to comply with the BS6-compliant emission norms. The styling, however, has remained unaltered during the BS6 transition.
- Thus, the Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT BS6 retains the vertically-stacked headlamp, beak-like front faring, a tall windscreen, knuckle guards, and an LED taillamp. The motorcycle is available in two colours – Champion Yellow and Pearl Glacier White. The feature list, too, remains identical to the old model and the V-Strom 650 XT BS6 continues to pack a halogen headlight setup, a semi-digital instrument cluster, and tubeless tyre compatible wire-spoke wheels.
- Mechanical specifications include a 645cc, 90-degree, V-twin, liquid-cooled, BS6 compliant engine that makes 70bhp and 62Nm. The motor is linked to a six-speed transmission.
- The cycle parts, similar to the BS4 motorcycle, continue to include telescopic front forks and a rear monoshock to perform the suspension tasks. The braking setup comprises twin rotors at the front and a single disc at the back while the safety net includes dual-channel ABS and a three-level traction control system.
Performance and Handling of the Suzuki V-Strom 650
The Suzuki V-Strom 650 is a great all-around performer, with plenty of power and torque for highway cruising, off-road adventuring, and everything in between. The bike’s V-twin engine delivers a healthy 70 horsepower and 45 lb-ft of torque, which is more than enough to tackle steep hills, twisty roads, and rough terrain.
Thanks to its adjustable suspension, the V-Strom 650 handles well in a variety of conditions. The bike is stable and surefooted on the highway, and it can handle rough roads and dirt trails with ease. The bike’s lightweight design and low center of gravity also make it easy to maneuver in tight spaces, making it a great choice for city riding as well.
Comfort and Ergonomics of the Suzuki V-Strom 650
One of the things that sets the Suzuki V-Strom 650 apart from other adventure touring bikes is its comfortable, upright riding position. The bike has a spacious seat and a tall windscreen that provide ample protection from wind and weather. The bike’s handlebars are also positioned for maximum comfort, allowing riders to maintain a relaxed, natural posture even on long rides.
The V-Strom 650 also has a range of ergonomic features that make it a great choice for riders of all sizes. The bike’s seat height is adjustable, and the footpegs are positioned for a natural, neutral stance that reduces fatigue and improves control. The bike’s hand guards also provide additional protection from wind and weather, making it a great choice for riders who like to ride